iSpot video screencasts
How to register on iSpot
How to add an observation
Help on iSpot
Here is an introduction to iSpot and what you can do on the site. Click on the headings below to read more.
- So what's it all about?
- Getting started on iSpot
- Adding observations, images and locations to iSpot
- Exploring iSpot
- Identifications and agreements - iSpot etiquette!
- Using iSpot to showcase observations from UK bioblitz events
- Badges on iSpot - How to request a 'badge' for your recording scheme or society
- Biological recording schemes and societies represented on iSpot
- Reputation on iSpot
- Taking digital photos for iSpot
- NEW - iSpot Android app: downloading and using
- Soon to be available - iSpot interactions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If your question isn't in this list, you can send it to us via the Contact form - and if it's a question lots of people might have, we'll add it here.
- What should I make observations of?
- Is it okay to make an observation without a photo?
- NEW - How do I use the iSpot maps and filters?
- How do I use the "Changes" section of My Spot?
- Do my photos stay mine when I upload them?
- How do I edit or delete an Observation?
- How do I edit or delete my iSpot profile?
- A photo is missing from my observation - how do I attach it?
- How can I link my existing iSpot user name to an Open University user name (OUCU)?
- Neighbourhood Nature students - what should I do if there is no OU badge against my name?
- Why can't I see the maps?
- Why are there no 'other observations' connected to my observation?
- Why no personal messaging or closed groups?